My heart is in Iraq

This site is meant for the women of different military men to support each other through deployments and everyday military life.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

My first day back to school is tomorrow. To be honest I am not very excited. I am taking all music classes this semester though so it should be a breeze. I finally heard from Danny. It sounds like things are getting more violent for him over there. What makes it worse is that the night before I got his email, I watched a few episodes of "Over There". It was actually a good show. Most of the things in the show I thought I didn't really have to worry about "those kind of things were happening right when we got over there, not now, it isn't that bad now" I thought to myself. Well, I think I am wrong. I know I am naive. I always have been naive about everything and I always get shocked when I find out the world isn't as safe as I thought it was. Danny decided he wants to reenlist, he is going to sign up for 5 more years. Which means he will most likely get deployed again. It is going to be harder for me then because we will be married, living in Texas, away from our families. So when he is gone I will really be alone. I was thinking about that earlier. I can not imagine how much harder it is for the women who just got married and are really alone. My heart breaks for those women. But if that is the way military life is going to be then I wouldn't have it any other way because I am head over heels in love with a soldier and I will be for the rest of my life.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger kbug said…

    Courtney, you asked how often we get to talk to Seth...at least every other day. I think he's in a more civilized place than your fella. Oh, and don't watch Over There. I made that mistake before Seth left. It's not that it upset me, I'm a war-movie junkie from way back (must have something to do with listening to my dad's war stories about WWII when I was a kid), but I've read too many blogs from deployed guys who say it's mostly a bunch of Hollywood hype. Hang tough, girlie, we'll get through this...... :)

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger airbornewife said…

    I can tell you it is hard for a newlywed...we had not even married a year before he was activated. I felt like I just got him...I wasn't ready to let him go. But its hard, married or not.
    I have made a point not to watch Over There or really any military movies. Band of Brothers, We Were Soldiers...can't watch anything like that. I don't even watch romantic movies. I listen to tons a music and read alot. Keeping yourself as busy as possible is the best way I have found to cope. I write alot too. When I want to talk to Jeff, I sit down and write hime a letter, even if its just a few lines. I may or may not mail all of the letters to him, but it helps me feel like I'm talking to him for a minute. Sounds weird, but it helps. Stay strong...finding new friends that are feeling like you are will help. I'll be here if need a friend!!! Thanks for the Happy Birthday!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home