My heart is in Iraq

This site is meant for the women of different military men to support each other through deployments and everyday military life.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

News

Ok well as you all can see the days are getting fewer in number until I see Danny again and I can't wait. But along with this joyful occasion of seeing each other again unfortunately comes stress. See I am living in Missouri where we both grew up. My parents and his parents are very strict and although I am an ADULT I can't go down to Texas alone. Now his parents want to go too to see him when he comes home and I understand that. But they want to fly down on Dec. 1. Which is the day he is coming home. They only get a few days off so they can't go down earlier. 1: I can't really afford a plane ticket because of my lovely new car, 2: If we fly in on Dec. 1 we might miss the ceremony and I don't want to miss that. So now my dad and I are going to drive down there the night before so we won't miss the ceremony. Now I love my dad with all my heart and I appreciate him going with me, but that is one more person that I have to share my Danny time with. I am not thrilled about that. Danny is only getting a 3 day pass then he has to go back to work, then later he will get a month off to come home (Missouri). Oh and to top it all off, Danny's parents are only talking to my parents about it. They don't make plans with me. HELLO!!! I am going to be his WIFE. And I am plenty capable of understanding plans. Give me a break. GRRRR. So then the plan changed to his parents would fly down there and my dad and I would drive, we would pick him up, his parents would fly home and he would ride home with my dad and I. Now this plan I liked, because I wouldn't have to miss my Saturday class, and I would have time with him in the car (not alone time cuz my dad is there but we will kind of be alone) and we will get more time alone if he is home because we usually stay up after his parents go to bed. But now the plans have changed again and we are all renting a van and driving down there together. We will leave late at night on the 31st and drive all through the night. I am going to look awful because I will be cooped up in a car for 14 hours. I want to be soo cute when I first see him. Well anyway, if we stay in Texas, Danny and I will never be alone. And I hate that idea. I waited for him to come home just as long as anybody else. I am the one that emails him everyday, I am the one that blows lots of money on packages, but whatever. I keep trying to tell myself that nothing matters as long as I get to see him. But I am not convinced. Oh and keep in mind that all of these changes in the plan aren't really being run by me in any way. I have to keep asking if we know what is going on yet. MY DAD IS THE ONE THAT KNOWS THE PLANS!!! My dad???? Come on, I feel so underminded. Now one thing that you should know about me is that I like to have things planned out WAY in advance, I get stressed out otherwise, so you can imagine how much this is killing me. Oh wait there's more.
This whole Texas thing brings up the fact that there is a military ball in April that Danny really wants me to go to. And I want to go too. I haven't met any of his friends or their wives, and I would like to considering I am going to be moving down there. Now April is 2 months before my wedding. And see, like I said my parents are strict. In April I will be 20 and they most likely are not going to let me go down by myself. Now who in their right mind would want to go with me? They won't be going to the ball that's for sure so why have someone else come. The answer: Danny and I must be supervised. Ever since Danny and I have been together I have never been to Texas because of that reason. I wasn't even allowed to go to college down there. Now don't get me wrong I love my parents very much and Danny's parents are actually the same way and I love them too but do they really need to be that strict when we are engaged and it is two months before the wedding???
Speaking of weddings my planning has kind of flatlined lately. I really should work on it but I don't have a whole lot of time. Recently I became so frustrated about mine. See, there are so many politics involved, meaning, people that should be in it, people that are that you don't want anymore (but that one is fixed), stuff like that. For a while I was to the point where I just wanted to marry him. I don't need a really big wedding, I just want Danny, that's all. I am trying to get over that feeling, but it is hard sometimes. School has been keeping me really busy lately but I am doing ok I guess. I hate chemistry with all my heart. Harsh I know but really I don't like it at all. Ummm, let's see what else is new. Hmmm... Ok well I guess nothing else is really going on.
Oh I almost forgot. How could I forget this??? I found out on Sunday that Danny is going back to Iraq in 2008. Now this was my biggest fear because at that point I will be in Texas, away from all of my family. He wants me to move home while he is gone but I said I can't. See I will probably be in the middle of school or have a job by then. But I guess we will see. I really really don't want him to have to go again. This will be his third deployment. I don't know what I will do when that happens. :( I guess I will cross that bridge when I come to it. Right now I am focused on the fact that I am going to see Danny in 44 DAYS!!!!! YAY!!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:13 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Wow, I would be upset if I were you too. I'm sorry that your parents are being so strict, and that nobody is running plans past you. That would irritate me to no end, lol. I really hope it works itself out, I'm sure it will. Don't worry about future deployments, nothing is fixed with the Army, so plans can and probably will change. Just focus on the good things, HE'LL BE HOME SOON!!! YAY!

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger Courtney said…

    I'm so sorry. I hate that you have all this to stress about right now because it's suppose to be a happy time for you. Michelle is right keep focusing on the fact that he'll be home soon. Everything else will fall into place!

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger kbug said…

    I'm sorry you're having problems with the parents. Being a parent myself, I totally understand their desire to be there when Danny comes home, but not keeping you out of the plans...that's just wrong. It sounds to me like you're being treated like a child instead of the young woman you are. Now in April, for the Ball, you should go...whether they approve or not. Book a flight on Southwest well in advance and it shouldn't cost much. If you can't go straight through to Killeen of Temple and Danny can't pick you up at the airport in Dallas, I will... :) That way they don't have to worry about you driving...Katie would probably enjoy you staying with them, they'll have a house on base next month. Yay!!! So, there you have it, Cinderella, a safe, chaperoned trip to the Ball...minus the glass slipper, of course.... :)

    Oh, by the way, don't count on December 1st, as that is always subject to change with weather, etc. Stay flexible, roll with the punches, and keep smiling through it all...it will be over before you know it..... :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home