My heart is in Iraq

This site is meant for the women of different military men to support each other through deployments and everyday military life.

Friday, August 11, 2006

News!

Ok so once again it has been awhile. But I will be completely honest. I really have been busy. For starters, I changed my major. I am now going to be a nurse. I know what you are thinking. That is a complete 180 from being a music teacher. But I really only decided to be a music teacher because music is what I am good at. It is my passion and will be forever. But the more I was in the classes the more I hated it. I finally figured if this is something I plan on doing for quite some time it should be something I desire to learn about and let me tell you I hated those music classes. Music theory, ear training, piano proficiency, lessons, I hated those classes. And I hated learning more about that stuff. I dreaded school. And I had always kind of thought about being a nurse so I decided to take it to the next level and act on it. And now I am excited about school. I can't wait. I am taking a chemistry class on a Saturday which really sucks but I kind of shot myself in the foot by changing my major after most people had signed up for their classes. I had actually signed up for all the music classes again and had to switch everything around. But I can't wait for school to start. It starts for me on Saturday the 19th.
Other than school, I have more news. MY WEDDING DRESS FINALLY CAME IN!! I was so excited I could have peed my pants (not really but now you get the idea just how excited I was). Hee hee. Anyway, it is gorgeous. I finally got to try on a dress that fit me. The one I was trying on at the place was 5 sizes to big so it was always being held on by clips and things. On my actual dress, the straps are a little too big so those are going to be taken in some. But everything else fit perfectly. I took lots of pictures and you can see them here. Oh and please excuse the dorky looks on my face. I was really excited. It was hard to calm down and smile normal.
Oh and more news. Yesterday I got back from Nashville. Me and my best friend took a spur of the moment road trip for 3 days. She wanted to visit a university there and I wanted a vacation so we took my brand new car (see post below if you haven't heard about the amazing new car) :), and went on a trip. It was my first vacation without my parents. I know kind of dorky to be almost 20 and have never gone on a trip without mom and dad or a school, but my family is close and we love vacations. But anyway, it is needless to say both me and my friend had to keep calling both sets of parents to check in. LOL. It was a 5 hour drive and we made it there without really getting that lost. The directions we had were really bad so we got kind of lost on the way to the hotel. But it turned out ok. We had so much fun. We just walked around Nashville, visited the Parthenon, went shopping, I bought a new Guess purse. I love those purses, but soon I will move up the designer line and get a Coach bag and then a Louis Vitton. Oooh I can't wait. But back to the trip. I took some good pics of Nashville. The city had some great buildings. I really love architecture so I put some of those pics in there. You can see them here.
Ok now I have some sad news. One of Danny's friends died this week. He was a translator. He couldn't tell me much but they found him murdered. Danny was pretty shaken up at first but he is better now. Just keep him in your prayers as you guys are all in mine.
I love you all and I will try to post more often. Really what kept me was trying to do that cool look "here" at the pictures thing but now I found a site that tells me how to do those kinds of things. And I will share because hopefully I am not the only person that is kind of baffled with certain computer things. It is here.

12 Comments:

  • At 7:39 AM, Blogger CaliValleyGirl said…

    Sorry to hear about Danny's friend. I have a soldier friend, whose translator friend was also murdered, and he and some other friends have now made a yearly tradition to meet up in the US on the anniversary of Smair's death, to celebrate his life.
    On a brighter note, congrats on the wedding dress...makes it all the more exciting...I am also dying to see Erika's wedding pics...and in a year I will be dying to see yours!
    Take care!

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    That's exciting that you changed your major. I hope that you truly enjoy nursing. We went to Nashville one year, it is a nice place to visit. Looks like you had a lot of fun! Your wedding dress is beautiful! You look so pretty in it! Danny is going to faint when he sees you walking down the isle, lol.

    I'm sorry to hear about his friend. I will be keeping Danny and the other guys family in my prayers.

     
  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger Charla said…

    Way to go on the decision to change your major! A NURSE, what a great choice! LOL You look gorgeous in your dress! It's beautiful! Danny is going to be so happy! :) So sorry to hear about his friend! Not too much longer and he'll be out of there and back home with you! :) So have you heard a date yet when he's coming home? Only a few more months for Steve! YAY, I'm sooooo excited! :) It's good to hear you're doing well! Take care girl!

    ((BIG HUGS))
    Charla

     
  • At 6:47 PM, Blogger Courtney said…

    I am so very sorry to hear about Danny's friend. I hate that. My prayers go out to that family.
    On a brighter note you look so beautiful in your dress. The dress is amazing:)

     
  • At 11:44 PM, Blogger kbug said…

    It's so hard when you find an Iraqi who is willing to do what needs to be done, then he is murdered for helping. It's such a terrible loss for Iraq, and it's so hard on the soldiers who call him friend. Calivalleygirl was speaking of a mutual friend...the loss of his interpreter and friend, Samir, was a crushing blow for our friend...but he and his buddies have sworn never to forget the man or his sacrifice.

    As for your wedding dress...it's beautiful...I especially love the pink tag on the back...lol.

    Glad you're posting again, I miss you..... :)

     
  • At 6:55 AM, Blogger Mare said…

    Im sorry about your fiances friend.

    I don't mean to be rude but the dress doesnt suit you, you are very pretty!! but the dress is WAY too "big" and over powering for your frame. And no Hlater Style!! its looks trashy

     
  • At 6:56 AM, Blogger Dean said…

    The dress is "ok" but not for you!

     
  • At 7:01 AM, Blogger Alyssa said…

    Saw you site, Im sorry you have to go through so much with your man being away.
    I have to agree with the other few commenters you are so pretty!!! But your wedding gown doesnt do much for you!! maybe something with a slim cut or strapless.. no halters!!!

     
  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger Zack said…

    My sister changed her major after wanting to become an accountant she is now a nurse good for you!

    the pictures of your dress are lovely BUT and I don't mean to put you down it really doesnt look great on you.. Can you exchange it!?

     
  • At 7:05 AM, Blogger Kruxi said…

    I ama design consultant not that you care but do what makes you happy, the halter style dress is very complex because it does not look good on many people-you HAVE to have a large bust line to pull it off, the other commenter was correct-get something suited to your body-less bulky

     
  • At 7:07 AM, Blogger Lena said…

    Hey saw your blog in the update list and wanted to commend you on hangin in there-my husband is in iraq and I know how hard it is.
    On another note your wedding gown is beautiful it self But not exactly fit for you.

     
  • At 7:08 AM, Blogger Mike said…

    hi girly
    your beautiful your dress is not you could find something way better

     

Post a Comment

<< Home