My heart is in Iraq

This site is meant for the women of different military men to support each other through deployments and everyday military life.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Finally

I am feeling better. Still not 100% but certainly not as scared as I was. Anyway, like I said before I won't go into it. Thank you guys for all the prayers. Danny called me on Sunday. He hadn't had time until then because he has been doing 2 missions a day and they are all lasting hours longer than they are supposed to. My poor baby. He works so hard, my heart breaks for him. Sunday was his first day off. Tomorrow I am going to send him a package. I have been letting my family know that I am taking phone card donations because those suckers are expensive. 700 minutes costs $45 and 600 is $30? Good grief. But what can ya do? I buy them anyway. Oh my goodness. I went shopping today and spent a butt load of money. I keep convincing myself that most of the expense was the stuff I am putting in Danny's box, but part of me knows better. But get this, I bought my new swimsuit for $8. I know what you are thinking......awesome. It was clearanced. I was so excited. Target.. I love the fact that they rotate out swimsuits so much. I almost bought one of those big floppy straw hats, man it looked cute on me, but I realized I didn't know when I would wear it. I kind of wish I had gotten it though. See, that just proves that my shopping weakness is improving with age. I only buy things that I know I will wear for something. So now I am trying hard to think of something to wear that hat to so I can go buy it. LOL. Unfortunately I don't go to the pool so that's out. If you have suggestions, let me know. I want an excuse to buy it. Well it is late/early. I am going to bed. Thank you ladies for all your enduring prayers and support. I love you gals.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:08 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    I'm glad things are getting better, and that you heard from Danny finally. I hope that everything continues to improve.

     
  • At 11:49 PM, Blogger kbug said…

    Oh yeah, flat rate boxes rock!!! I had to resort to using 2 boxes to send the quadruple batch of homemade brownies that Seth requested last week...they're a hot item over there. I was baking for over 2 hours.... :)

    I'm glad you're doing better, but it sounds kind of scary...are you okay? And I'm glad you heard from Danny...take care of yourself, girl...

     
  • At 12:32 AM, Blogger Kc said…

    hey girlie...
    well im gald to see that your are better i hope things stay that way.. ok excuse for the floppy hat, well for one its summer already and they look cute with sundresses and tank tops.. it also keeps you shaded.. its worth it you should get it,, wow what a good bargain on your bathing suit, i got my bathing suit at target last year, i found mine at old navy this year,, well anyways you have a good week..
    post more later

    Kate,,
    oh yeah if you need someone to talk to my email is kateafre1@yahoo.. if you need help with taht prob, so you dont have to post it on here
    later chickadee
    kate

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger Courtney said…

    I get free shipping stuff through global express. Its cool! Also, my hubby gets minutes on a phone card through a program they have for troops. Its really cheap! I can't remember the name of it but if you want I can get the info from him!

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger Courtney said…

    Oh one more thing.....GET THE HAT!!! Reason, your fiancee is on the other side of the world! The least you deserve is a hat:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home