My heart is in Iraq

This site is meant for the women of different military men to support each other through deployments and everyday military life.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

When will it end??

Ok so today was just one of those days. It really didn't even start until I got home from work but once I did I sat down on the couch (instead of starting the homework that I needed to do) and finished the movie my lil sis had started. I don't even know the name of it, but of course the end has some love scene, the guy grabs the girl, the passionate kiss, the music swells, you know the drill. I have been able to do ok with some of those movies but today it got me. I started to cry. I am so frustrated, the end is within reach but not really. I have about a month left and it is taking TOO LONG!!! Time has never seemed to go so slow. After the movie I went and met my friend Julie at Sonic where we got food then drove to the Target parking lot to eat it and talk. Don't ask why we went to Target to eat it but we did. Afterward I was driving home and I heard this song by Kenny Chesney "You Saved Me", once again my eyes started to tear up. I don't really know how relevant that song is to Danny and I but it is really just the fact that I have no idea what I would do if something happened to him, or where I would be without him. My whole life and everything I do and the decisions I make are based on our future together. But of course I didn't change the station, then wouldn't you know it some other song came on immediately afterward, I mean really, it was the next song, and it is about a soldier that had just come back from war and how someone said he was different and he explained that he came from a land where everyone hated him and his friends were dying and no one cared. Also a tear jerker for me at this time. DAMN COUNTRY SONGS!!!! I mean I love it but come on people, give a poor girl a break. So right now I am forced to ask...When will it end?? How much longer really?? Is it going to continue to be this hard at the end?? I can't handle the frustration. I have been missing Danny so much lately, and I have been talking to him more than usual. He has had more free time so he can call me more than once a month. You think that would make it easier and I wouldn't be missing him so bad, but it doesn't. It used to do the trick, I would hear from him and I would be ok for a bit, but now it's not good enough. I want a hug, I want a kiss, cuddling, movie watching, talking face to face. Those are the things I want. I miss how clueless he is to what I want, how messy he is when he eats, how cute he is when he sleeps, I even miss goofy grin he gets when he has successfully pissed me off. I miss it all. Sigh. Why can't it just be over now?

6 Comments:

  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger Courtney said…

    I swear the last little bit is the longest part but soon enough it will be the end & you'll realize (like me) you have SOOOO much to do! LOL!
    Hang in there & I'm here if ya need me. Love ya girl!

     
  • At 11:36 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    The end is definitely the longest part. It was absolutely the hardest for me too. It's like it's right in front of you and you still can't grab it. It seems to take forever, and I still think it did, but it WILL be here soon!!! Keep your head up! You can make it.

     
  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger kbug said…

    I hear you.....I know exactly what you're talking about. How in the world can one month seem like a whole year. It is truly frustrating. The light at the end of the tunnel is just that...at the end of the tunnel. And sometimes that tunnel is just sooooo freaking long. Okay, here's what you need to do. Find a place out of everyone else's earshot, you can take a really good friend along if you want, and scream with me.....Arrggghhh!!! Feel better?? Well, it might at least make you laugh out loud..... :) Hang in there, sweetie.....we're almost there.

    It looks like Seth will be home a few days before Danny if all goes according to plan, but who knows for sure...right??

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger Glo said…

    Hey girl hang in there you'll make it. I know how the last few month or days can get to ya.Where is St. Peters, Mo.?
    Best of luck to you and your Guy.
    Love and God bless,
    Glo

     
  • At 11:09 PM, Blogger kbug said…

    Only three weeks left.....yeehaw!!

     
  • At 11:13 PM, Blogger kbug said…

    I thought I was bad about writing...we need an update, girl...... :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home