My heart is in Iraq

This site is meant for the women of different military men to support each other through deployments and everyday military life.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Almost there......

Ok so you won't believe where I am right now...... KILLEEN, TEXAS, HOME OF FORT HOOD!!!!! I am so excited I can't contain it. I have waited soo long to type this post. Danny is coming in tomorrow, I hope, right now I have no idea where he is. I was hoping to hear from him today. I would like to thank all of you ladies from the bottom of my heart. I couldn't have made it this year without you. I never imagined that I would grow so close to women that I have never met. You ladies are incredible, strong, supportive, and wonderful listeners. We have created a support system that I never thought would be this strong. I really do consider you ladies my friends. I find myself talking to other people about you and I share your ups and downs. You understand what and how I feel and you make me feel a little more sane about some of my feelings. I am so sorry that I didn't post before I left, we actually left on Wednesday at like 10 PM and arrived at our hotel at 1 PM on Thurday (so basically about 2 hours ago), we were just going to leave on Thursday at like 6 AM but there was going to be ice and snow in Missouri so we left the night before. We drove through the night and now here we are. I am sitting in my hotel room with my parents snoring in the next bed (my dad drove through the night) and my future in laws a few rooms down also napping (Danny's dad was the official navigator) I am going to go nuts. I want him to be here now. Everywhere I turn I see a guy in camo. It is killing me. Less than 24 hours to go hopefully. Man, can I wait that long? Hahaha. I want all of you to know that I am not going to leave blogger. I still have quite a lot to do. I am getting married in 6 months, and moving to where I am right now. Killeen. Hmm... I hope I like it here. I saw they have an Olive Garden so I think I will be ok :) Ok well I am going to go attempt to do some homework before we go out to dinner tonight. WISH ME LUCK!!! You probably won't hear from me again until after I come home then I will have pictures and all that good stuff. YAY!!!!!!!!!

6 Comments:

  • At 12:06 AM, Blogger FV said…

    Hey Girlie. I have moved sites. http://views.itsjustfaith.com but, I didn't leave. Just had to get rid of the crazy spammers, hackers, and stalkers out there. I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! GOOD JOB and keep up the good work.

     
  • At 12:55 AM, Blogger CaliValleyGirl said…

    Oooh, I an remember how long those last days and hours seemed...so excited for you!

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    That is so exciting, I'm so happy for you! I think the day before and the day of were the longest for me, but when it gets there it's all worth it. Congratulations and I can't wait to "hear" all about it.

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger Courtney said…

    Well I guess by now you are with Danny. Can you believe it's over? Sometimes it still seems so unreal to me. Good luck with everything & I'm so very proud of you Courtney! Love you to pieces!!

     
  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger Charla said…

    YAY!!!! I'm so glad he's home now! Hope you have lots of pics for us!!! LOL You guys have fun! Talk to ya soon!!

    ~~Charla~~

     
  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger kbug said…

    Well, hopefully this comment will find you wrapped up in the arms of your beloved Danny. One of Seth's buddies came in Friday night, I was just wondering if they came in at the same time. I know you must be looking forward to their 30-day leave that should start the middle of December......that will allow him to be home for Christmas and New Years. I know how you must be looking forward to that. Can't wait to see the pictures...... :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home