My heart is in Iraq

This site is meant for the women of different military men to support each other through deployments and everyday military life.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

First off, Happy Belated Valentine's Day!! My day wasn't bad at all. Danny called me in the morning before I had to go to school. The very first thing he said was, "I love you." That made me smile for the rest of the day. We talked more then he said he had something serious to ask me which ended up being, "Will you be my Valentine?" He is soo cute. I found out that he told his parents he was coming home. He made their day. I also found out that as a wedding present, his parents are paying for our honeymoon. Hawaii here we come! I am so excited. I had to work all day on valentine's day. It was actually a horrible day at work. I got yelled at by customers all day long. It sucked. Most of the girls I work with had the day off to spend with their boyfriends. But one of them came up and brought me flowers, a bear, and candy. I started crying. She said she didn't want me to feel left out on Valentine's Day. That was perhaps one of the sweetest things a friend has done for me. Then later that night another one of my friends from work brought me a bear and candy. I have such amazing friends. They are really taking care of me.

Danny, on the other hand, isn't doing so good. The Army has been moving people around over there causing morale to plummit through the floor. Danny was on the XO's tank and he was enjoying it (well as much as you can anyway). But the army just moved the XO to a desk job and brought in a new platoon leader who in turn brought over a bunch of guys from his old platoon. All the tank crewmen got switched around and now there are all working with people they are not used to. He said they don't even talk to each other. I find that sad. Those guys learn to work with each other and get used to each other then they get all moved around. Anyway, Danny isn't even on a tank anymore which breaks my heart. He is now a permanent gunner for a humvee. My poor baby, he loves being a tanker. But I guess that is what the Army is the best at, changing things up.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:10 PM, Blogger Kc said…

    Hey C,
    Thanks for commenting.When is Danny coming home for R&R, yeah Seth will be here in four days...OMG.. When are yall getting married, during his r&r. Seth and I got married back in August and we went to Maui, Hawaii. It was awesome, let me know where your going in Hawaii I have been there several times and i might have some cool ideas for you depending on which island your going to. good luck with the plans and remember dont get upset if everything doesnt go as planned or get frazzled, just know that youll have him for forever and a wedding is just a big party to celebrate.. i learned that after i stressed for months about mine..hehe..
    Have fun and talk to you later...
    KClines

     
  • At 10:15 PM, Blogger kbug said…

    Friends can be lifesavers sometimes..... :) What would we do without them? I'm sorry that Danny is having to adjust to new people around him...that brotherhood with his buddies is so important to his well being. You tell him to hang in there, and you do the same too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home